The San Diego- Central and Beaches (formerly Clairemont/Point Loma) chapter was established in 2014 and our membership continues to grow. Our Chapter’s goal is to provide companionship, a network of other moms in your season of life, and a large variety of activities with other at-home mothers and children. Whether you are a full-time mom, work part-time, or work from home our group is a fun way to meet other moms, get out and about with you children, make friends, find support as a parent, and enjoy your time with your kids all in an atmosphere where your children are more than welcome! Being a MOMS Club® member can relieve some of the worries encountered by every parent and some of the isolation felt when a mother is at home alone with her children.
Our Chapter is open to moms living in San Diego who live South of the 52/La Jolla Prkwy, West of the 15, and North of the 94/F St. To learn how you can join please see our Membership Page.
How MOMS Club® Began:
In 1983, Mary B. James, an at-home mother in California, decided she was tired of being alone at home. She wanted to meet other at-home mothers and she wanted to find other at-home children for her children to play with. When she discovered there were no other organizations that met during the day and allowed her to come with her baby and preschooler, she decided to start a brand new organization just for at-home mothers, and the MOMS Club® was born.
The chapter she started was so successful, she knew mothers in other areas must be needing the MOMS Club, too. Soon she and other volunteers were helping mothers start MOMS Clubs across the country and around the world!
We now have 1,500+ chapters in the US alone and over 100,000 members! We also have International chapters starting too!
What Makes MOMS Club® Special:
- We meet during the day, when at-home mothers most need support.
- We believe being a mother shouldn’t isolate you, so mothers may bring their children with them! Having children present is considered a natural part of life.
- We have an established support system for our local chapters. Our volunteer Coordinators are experienced MOMS Club Moms who are ready to help your chapter every step of the way.
- The MOMS Club® is a non-profit, 501 (C) (3) organization.
- We know being an at-home mother today means making a financial sacrifice, so dues to our local chapter are only $25 per year.
- At-home mothers of any age children are welcome. You don’t have to leave the group when your children enter school! We know you still need support as your children grow.
- There is an Executive Board for each Chapter. This Board helps the chapter run smoothly and ensures the chapter is abiding by International MOMS Club® bylaws.
- Each chapter is required to complete one community service project per year to support other moms and kids. Our chapter goes above this requirement and does many community service project throughout the year! See our service projects page for more information.
- Each chapter holds monthly all member meetings to vote and give members a voice on chapter decisions (events, spending, officers, other chapter business)